Soapstone Countertops For Amherst, Orchard Park & East Aurora, NY
Despite our name, at Queen City Quartz & Granite, we specialize in a variety of high-quality countertops in various materials. In addition to the traditional quartz and granite, we also offer marble, quartzite, and soapstone.
What is Soapstone?
Named for its softness and "soapy" feel, soapstone, also called steatite, is a nonporous and nonabsorbent natural stone. Untreated, soapstone is a chalky grey with a subtle undertone and can have white veining or be solid in color. Some designers enhance the color and veining by applying mineral oil or wax, while others allow its natural beauty to become more vibrant over time.
- Low heat and electric conductivity. You can place hot pans on the surface without fear of damaging the countertop.
- A completely natural surface that does not require chemical sealant.
- Does not stain
- Highly resistant to acids and bases and therefore will not etch.
- Longevity. Soapstone lasts a lifetime.
- No two are ever the same. Thanks to nature's beauty, each piece of soapstone is truly unique.
- Easy to carve and can also be used for sinks, soap dishes, and drainboards to create a seamless look.
With the quality and versatility of soapstone paired with one of the largest selections in Buffalo, NY, you can't go wrong with Queen City Quartz & Granite. Contact us today to learn more about enhancing the beauty of your home with soapstone countertops and, to receive a free estimate on your next job.